Sunday, March 29, 2015

Drawings from a Mexican Adventure!

At the end of February I went to visit my cousin Carolina Kopeloff in Mexico City and explore a little bit of the Pacific beaches in Oaxaca!!!

My cousin Carolina founded a fair of handmade items by designers and artists, called Fusion.  The fair grew and now is located in a renovated schoolhouse, a perfect location for the collection of designers.  Walking through the building feels like you are in the most fantastic special secret mall of one of a kind items, from custom made shoes, ponchos, jewelry, and kids backpacks decorated with chihuahuas. 

The ground level has a coffee shop, were I sat drew the surrounding plants and architecture.  Fusion hosts monthly special events and different designers every weekend to keep it fresh! 

It is a one of a kind place in Mexico City and worth seeing the collection of local artists and designers.  I am very impressed!!! 

Daniel Mendez Donis, a very knowledgeable guide, taught me a mountain of information about pre-colonial Mexico and we went to the pyramids of Teotihuacan! 

Then I took an overnight bus to Puerto Escondido and then made my way to Mazunte, a small hippy beach town one hour away.  It was so very hard to leave Mazunte, a town of stories and friends:  
Para placticar el chido con Vertin and Scarlett, el conejo y la cara en la luna, los puestos del sol, y siempre siempre con el sonido del mar. 

I stumbled upon OceanoMar, a hotel and cafeteria with the most gorgeous view and chill vibe.  The cool breezes and strong coffee relieved the burning tropical midday sun -  la hora de la siesta! 

I am in love with Mexico, la gente, los colores, los picosos, la historia y cultura indigena.  It was wonderful to stay with my cousin, who I have not seen since I was 6 years old!!!

Below are some sketches I made through out the trip!!!  

- - - - 



















No comments: